The Senior Research Coordinator assists and collaborates with the Principal Investigator (PI) and research collaborators in reaching research goals in the department. This staff member must be adaptable in order to carry out research protocols. The position requires a considerable degree of responsibility, flexibility, and independence to perform diverse duties related to collecting, analyzing, and archiving data.
1. Responsible for preparation of Institutional Review Board (IRB) required materials (i.e., protocol application and related forms, changes in research, reports of adverse events, etc.); as well as preparation of compliance and regulatory documentation for local (i.e., IRB), state and federal (i.e., FDA) agencies, and any other pertinent entity (i.e., study sponsor).
2. Responsible for coordinating day-to-day research study activities to include, but not limited to: a) implementing study protocol procedures, b) participant recruitment and scheduling, c) scheduling and coordination of study procedures, d) obtaining test results, ensuring that they are reviewed by clinicians, and completing appropriate documentation.
3. Responsible for communicating directly with research collaborators, study sponsor, study vendors, and other patient service providers regarding progress of the study, and/or data.
4. Attend study-related meetings, conferences, teleconferences, as well as participating in any additional planning- and development-related activities as needed.
5. Responsible for research data management in accordance with protocols established by PIs or sponsors to include, but not limited to: a) data entry, b) data transfer, c) data archiving, d) data maintenance, e) data analysis, and f) communication with research collaborators regarding data related study progress, issues, and problems, as applicable. Data analysis includes performing statistical analyses, presentation of results, and initial data interpretation.
6. Responsible for general administrative work related to assigned study(ies), including but not limited to: records management, processing subject reimbursements and incentives, inventory and ordering supplies, organizing billing of services, etc.
7. Assists with preparation of compiling and documenting the results of ongoing studies, for conference and meeting presentations, peer-reviewed manuscript and poster submissions, and grants. A range of participation is possible, from preparing results for papers and abstracts to first authorship; also includes attending conferences and presenting current research.
8. Assists with preparation of study-related materials, progress reports, and any other research execution/implementation pertinent documentation.
9. Trains students and research assistants when necessary
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field required.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Four years of related research experience required.
• Must have experience in biomedical research.
We require full COVID vaccination or documentation of medical and/or religious exemption(s) approval for this job as we are a healthcare institution committed to putting health and safety first for our patients, students, employees, and the communities we serve.
Kennedy Krieger Institute offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, tuition reimbursement, free parking and child care subsidies! In addition, we offer rich professional development opportunities.
Software Powered by iCIMS