Currently offering a $2,500 sign on bonus for full time, licensed Social Workers.
The Clinical Social Worker I in the Adult Services Clinic
will provide clinical care to adult caregivers, and families of children and adolescents currently treated at the Institute. The incumbent will primarily provide treatment and services to adults and caregivers. The adults seen in the Institute have a history of grief/loss, exposure to violence, various forms of trauma (in childhood or adulthood), their child’s trauma, various forms of discrimination, and their own personal or caregiver stress. Clinical care may include, but is not limited to, therapeutic interventions and mental health evaluations for adults. This staff member participates on client & family centered interdisciplinary teams. The incumbent may be involved in training, outreach, and research activities.
Excellent benefits, supervision, and training are provided to clinicians at this outpatient mental health clinic specializing in trauma treatment. The Center for Child and Family Traumatic Stress at Kennedy Krieger Institute has been operating for over 35 years and has received national recognition.
1. Provides high quality and competent trauma informed therapy to adult caregivers.
2. Conducts evaluations, including diagnostic assessments to determine appropriate treatment modality.
3. Develops and implements individualized treatment plans in collaboration with families, and members of the patient’s treatment team. Maintain communication with community professionals
involved in the patient’s plan of care.
4. Attends and participates in program meetings related to direct patient care and Kennedy Krieger Institute operations.
5. Maintains familiarity with Maryland state laws and the laws and ethical guidelines defined by the appropriate credentialing board with respect to patient confidentiality, conflicting interests, reporting
abuse, and patient termination.
6. Maintains Institute compliance standards.
7. Enters records into the Electronic Health Record (EHR) system.
8. Maintains working relationships with Institute staff and visitors.
9. Consider cultural factors in treatment planning for patients and in working with their families.