Currently offering a $2,500 sign on bonus for full time, Licensed Clinical Professional Counselors.
Excellent benefits, supervision, and training are provided to clinicians at this outpatient mental health clinic specializing in trauma treatment. The Center for Child and Family Traumatic Stress at Kennedy Krieger Institute has been operating for over 30 years and has received national recognition. The LCPC I is a primary therapist to children and families who have been exposed to abuse, neglect, and violence. The LCPC utilizes the information gained by the interdisciplinary evaluation services in the development and implementation of a treatment plan for the child and his/her family.
The Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor I (LCPC I) is a primary therapist to children, adolescents, and families traumatized by abuse, neglect, and exposure to violence. This staff member will complete assessments and develops the diagnosis and treatment plan for the child and family. The incumbent may be involved in training, outreach, and research activities.
1. Provides high quality and competent trauma informed therapy to families and children.
2. Conducts evaluations, including diagnostic assessments to determine appropriate treatment modality.
3. Develops and implements individualized treatment plans in collaboration with families, and members of the patient’s treatment team, and maintains communication with community professionals involved in the patient’s plan of care.
4. Attends and participates in program meetings related to direct patient care and KKI operations.
5. Maintains familiarity with Maryland state laws and the laws and ethical guidelines defined by one’s credentialing board with respect to patient confidentiality, conflicting interests, reporting of abuse and patient termination.
6. Maintains Institute compliance standards.
7. Enters records into the Electronic Health Record System.
8. Maintains working relationships with KKI staff and visitors.
9. Considers cultural factors in treatment planning for patients and in working with their families.