The Floor Care Technician is responsible for the routine care and maintenance of the inpatient units’ floor. Keeps work station and equipment neat and clean. Informs manager of needed supplies, damages or breakages.
1. Furnish complete floor care duties that include sweeping, mopping, buffing, stripping, waxing, and vacuuming daily as needed.
2. Scrapes, cleans and waxes edges and other areas inaccessible to floor buffing machine, using scraper and other appropriate floor care tools.
3. Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
4. Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors in a safe and hazard free manner.
5. Guides machine over surface of floor until surface is bright and smooth.
6. Meets with Lead Housekeepers and other Floor Care Technicians to determine priorities, review problems areas and ensure floors are properly maintained.
7. Handles special cleaning assignments or moving projects as required.
8. Remove all trash from the units for incineration and/or disposal.
9. Assist in checking for safety hazards and reports any deficiency. Reports needs for major repairs to manager.
10. Keeps janitor’s room neat and orderly, and reports supply orders to manager.
11. Attends meeting and/or training sessions as required.