JOB ID 3915 Special Education-High School
In accordance with the needs of the ages of the population served by KKI, the Occupational Therapist I will perform evaluations and subsequent planning, execution of therapy programs for children with neuromotor dysfunction, sensory integrative disorders and emotional disturbances. The occupational therapist will participate in intra-disciplinary and interdisciplinary training programs for staff, parents and community agencies. In addition, the occupational therapist will be involved in the supervision of OT students, COTA's and volunteers/ aides and maintain appropriate student records.
1. Screen, evaluate and treat students as per parent, teacher and or physician referral.
2. Educate parents/caretaker and staff in student care and design home programs as applicable.
3. Prepare written documentation including annual IEP's, quarterly reports, daily log notes, billing sheets and related service provider logs in accordance with KKI, Maryland OT guidelines, and Comar guidelines.
4. Effectively function within an interdisciplinary team.
5. Supervise fieldwork students (Level I and II), COTAS, aides, volunteers.
6. Assist in care and maintenance of therapy department equipment and supplies.
7. Participates and supports OT department activities, including in-services and peer reviews.
Baccalaureate Degree required, basic Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy (MA/MS) in OT preferred.
-Minimum of six months previous full-time fieldwork experience required.
-Previous experience in pediatrics preferred
-PCM or CPI training will be provided by the department, according to the individual program requirements. Employee must achieve and maintain certification (at the "Practitioner" level or higher for PCM, although Practitioner II certification is highly preferred) according to the timeline established within the departmental policy.
-Eligible for licensure to practice Occupational Therapy in the state of Maryland.
-Must have successfully completed the national registration examination.
-Must be eligible for membership in the American Occupational Therapy Association.