JOB ID 3836
THIS POSITION CAN BE 30 OR 32 HOURS PER WEEK. ADULT NURSING EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED.
The Outpatient Nurse Coordinator provides direct patient care, patient/family education, organization, and coordination of the patient’s care through the health care continuum. The Outpatient Nurse Coordinator participates as an interdisciplinary team member of the outpatient medical clinics.
The 30 hour/week position is Monday 1:30pm-7:30pm, Tuesday 12:30pm-6:30pm, Wednesday 10am-6:30pm, Thursday 12n-7:30pm and every other Saturday 7:30am-4pm.
The 32 hour/week position is Monday 12pm-7:30pm, Tuesday 12n-6:30pm, Wednesday 10am-6:30pm, Thursday 12-6:30pm and every other Saturday 7:30a-4pm.
1. Coordinates, monitors, and manages patient care. Performs examinations, treatments and multiple procedures, including venipuncture.
2. Educates and provides the patient/family with useful resources and educational materials regarding the patient’s disease/disorder and/or medications for a specific clinic.
3. Reviews and evaluates documentation records, discharge, and educational materials for accuracy and appropriateness.
4. Participates in the discharge process by reviewing discharge instructions, completing medication reconciliation, providing an active medication list to the patient/family, and documenting on the discharge instructions form.
5. Coordinates patient care, serves as liaison, and facilitates communication between family, health care providers, community agencies and other internal and external customers to ensure care delivery across the continuum.
6. Assures that a general health history including, but not limited to vital signs, height, weight, head circumference, allergies, current medications, immunization status and exposure to infectious diseases is completed for each patient seen in specific clinic.
7. Reviews the clinic schedule and chart with other team members prior to the clinic daily start.
8. Delegates non-nursing duties to appropriate staff including nursing technicians, unit clerks, and administrative staff.
9. Attends interdisciplinary team meetings and OPD Nursing staff meetings.
10. Assists with the general outpatient clinic flow by assisting with triage and discharges when needed.
11. Assists with supply oversight and monitoring for a specific clinic.