JOB ID 3632
THIS IS A 40 HOURS PER WEEK POSITION WORKING MONDAY-FRIDAY, 8:30AM-5:00PM
The Outpatient Nurse Coordinator provides direct patient care, patient/family education, organization, and coordination of the patient’s care through the health care continuum. The Outpatient Nurse Coordinator participates as an interdisciplinary team member of the outpatient medical clinics.
1. Coordinates, monitors, and manages patient care. Performs examinations, treatments and multiple procedures, including venipuncture.
2. Educates and provides the patient/family with useful resources and educational materials regarding the patient’s disease/disorder and/or medications for a specific clinic.
3. Reviews and evaluates documentation records, discharge, and educational materials for accuracy and appropriateness.
4. Participates in the discharge process by reviewing discharge instructions, completing medication reconciliation, providing an active medication list to the patient/family, and documenting on the discharge instructions form.
5. Coordinates patient care, serves as liaison, and facilitates communication between family, health care providers, community agencies and other internal and external customers to ensure care delivery across the continuum.
6. Assures that a general health history including, but not limited to vital signs, height, weight, head circumference, allergies, current medications, immunization status and exposure to infectious diseases is completed for each patient seen in specific clinic.
7. Reviews the clinic schedule and chart with other team members prior to the clinic daily start.
8. Delegates non-nursing duties to appropriate staff including nursing technicians, unit clerks, and administrative staff.
9. Attends interdisciplinary team meetings and OPD Nursing staff meetings.
10. Assists with the general outpatient clinic flow by assisting with triage and discharges when needed.
11. Assists with supply oversight and monitoring for a specific clinic.