JOB ID 3578
The Manager of Food Services is responsible for providing management and grant administration of the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs at the Kennedy Krieger Schools and to satellite sites affiliated with the Kennedy Krieger Institute. This person is also responsible for any special projects assigned by the Assistant Vice President of Educational Programs.
1. Oversee the supervision, hiring, and training of all food service staff at Greenspring and Fairmount campuses and the Early Head Start program.
2. Monitor and ensure that program operations, policies and procedures are in compliance with ongoing changes in federal, state, and local regulations.
3. Create databases and systems that demonstrate accountability at the time of state and federal audits of the School Lunch Program and that track meals served and the nature of reimbursements
4. Negotiate and solicit bids with food service suppliers for contracts exceeding $10,000. Negotiate contracts with food service suppliers for contracts less than $10,000. Secure approval for all contracts.
5. Establish financial objectives for the food service operation, implementing cost controls across all categories (i.e., labor, food, supply) as needed.
6. Develop quality control procedures and performance standards for all food service staff.
7. Develop menus for breakfast and lunch that comply with federal guidelines and meet any specific dietary or nutritional requirements.
8. Prepare a HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) system that complies with regulatory requirements.
9. Assist in the development of nutrition education programs aligned with lunch program activities and disseminate related information to students, staff and parents on a regular basis.