JOB ID 3572
THIS RN WILL WORK 40 HOURS PER WEEK MONDAY-FRIDAY 8:00AM-4:30PM COVERING OUTPATIENT CLINICS AND SCHOOL-BASED PROGRAMS
The Outpatient Clinical Nurse II (Outpatient) provides direct patient care, patient/family education, organization and day-to-day management of the outpatient area and its diversified clinics. The Outpatient Clinical Nurse II participates as an interdisciplinary team member of the outpatient medical clinics.
1. Identifies and implements directly or through delegation to nursing support staff, quality standards of nursing care for all outpatients.
2. Identifies and implements, directly and through delegation to nursing support staff, policies and procedures that effect the coordinated functioning of clinic activities consistent with JCAHO and CARF guidelines.
3. Assists in the developing and monitoring of outpatient department policies and procedures.
4. Assures that a general health history including vital signs, height, weight, head circumference, allergies, current medications, immunization status and exposure to infectious diseases is completed on each patient when applicable.
5. Assists with examinations, treatments and procedures.
6. Reviews and evaluates documentation record, discharge, and educational material for accuracy and appropriateness.
7. Performs venipuncture proficiently on patients of all ages.
8. Participates in the discharge process by reviewing discharge instructions, completing medication reconciliation, providing an active medication list to the patient/family, and documenting on the discharge instructions form.
9. Assists families in identifying available community resources.
10. Administers prescribed medication in accordance with Kennedy Krieger Institute’s medication administration standard. .
11. Maintains the physical environment of the outpatient department (supplies, equipment, neatness, organization, safety, etc.).
12. Works collaboratively with the various disciplines in support of training, research and clinical research activities consistent with the goals of the Institute.