JOB ID: 3306
the Child Care Aide works in the child care center providing child care and completing related tasks. The Child Care Aide functions as a team member in providing total care of the children enrolled at World of Care.
Keyword: child care
1. Function as a team member to provide a warm, nurturing environment for each child; model and encourage developmentally appropriate practices as outlined by MSDE and the WOC Handbook and Philosophy Checklist
2. Read each child’s Child Care Plan before working with any child and ask for clarifying information as needed.
3. Assist individual children and small groups with: developmentally appropriate activities, classroom strategies and therapy.
4. Prepare and assist with daily care of infants and toddlers, including but not limited to children’s hygiene, mealtimes, sleeping, and play.
5. Maintain regular communication with all team members, including nurses and therapists as necessary, to assure that parents/caregivers are receiving all information regarding their child’s daily progress, needs and concerns.
6. Complete all assigned tasks related to center operations, such as cleaning and preparation of materials