JOB ID 3132
THIS POSITION IS 36 HOURS PER WEEK, A/P ROTATION (ALTERNATING 7:00 AM- 7:30 PM WITH 7:00 PM-7:30 AM) ON THE INPATIENT BRAIN INJURY/REHABILITATION/FEEDING DISORDERS UNITS
The Clinical Nurse II (RN) for Inpatient programs assists in directing nursing personnel to meet the goals and objectives of the Nursing Department and the Institute, while providing care in accordance with the needs of the population served. The Clinical Nurse II (RN) meets standards for professional practice specified in the Maryland Nurse Practice Act. Practice is characterized by a balance of dependent and interdependent decision making.
1. Responsible for daily patient care including competently completing admission process, assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and completing and documenting the daily care of assigned patients including a complete body systems assessment.
2. Provides complete nursing care, including recognition of, and attention to, medical emergencies to all patients requiring advanced techniques. (i.e., mechanical ventilation, sedation, blood products dialysis) to patients demonstrating extreme aggression, or those requiring frequent assessment of self-injurious behaviors.
3. Uses the Nursing Process, Plan of Care, Standards of Care, and Interdisciplinary Protocols to deliver patient care, administering medications correctly.
4. Identifies nursing diagnoses/patient care needs, individualizes care plan, and revises plan of care as needed in conjunction with other team members’ input.
5. Conveys accurate, concise and relevant information, including all required documentation.
6. Continually monitors continuum of care to ensure timely discharge by tracking completion of teaching/learning flowsheets and maintaining regular communication with patients and families.
7. Evaluates quality of nursing care by reviewing nursing process documentation to identify problem areas and assists with developing and implementing corrections.
8. Respects and supports patient rights and advocates for patients and patients’ families as needed.
9. Supports planned change activities and engages in Department and Institute-wide performance improvement activities and participates actively on at least one committee.
10. Prioritizes and organizes work so that required assignments are completed within a specified time frame.
11. Completes at least one staff education project per year and participates on a committee, attending 50% of the meetings and actively participating.
12. Attends educational seminars to maintain clinical skills and when performing the duties of preceptor or charge nurse, attends relevant workshops prior to performing those roles.
13. Delegates selected nursing tasks to other nursing personnel according to Department standards and follows up to ensure delegated tasks have been completed properly.