JOB ID 3121
The Certified Patient Accounts Representative I, under general supervision, is responsible for follow-up functions and timely resolution of assigned accounts. Patient Accounts Representatives may also be responsible for claim submission depending on their assigned accounts.
1. Timely and accurate resolution and collection of assigned account balances on the utilizing Patient Accounting software.
2. Timely and accurate submission/transmission of claims and verification of claim acceptance where appropriate for assigned account balances.
3. Completion of daily payment activity reports for assigned account balances.
4. Identification and recognition of reoccurring problems or issue for assigned account balances that delay or impact reimbursement.
5. Interacts effectively with management/peers/internal parties/and external parties to resolve a diverse range of problems encountered in the life cycle of a claim.
6. Performs general accounting transactions via completion of adjustment forms, charge correction forms, and payment transfer forms.
7. Updates and maintains denial reports and flags in accordance with departmental requirements.
8. Recordation of complete and meaningful account documentation.
9. Reviews and processes correspondence requests for assigned account balances.