JOB ID 3039 - SPECIAL EDUCATION (LEAP)
This staff member will monitor compliance with transition-related COMAR Regulations, and will coordinate transitions for a varied population of students in a private separate day school for students with disabilities.
1. Provide support to the ACT office both in ensuring compliance with all federal and state regulations related to the development and implementation of student transition plans, and facilitating IEP Team Meetings as needed.
2. Maintain documentation of all contacts with parents/guardians, agency representatives, administration and colleagues regarding student progress and concerns as needed.
3. Serve as liaison with State and Local Education Agencies, as well as adult and community service provider agencies. Work with teams to facilitate student and parent visits to agencies.
4. Lead and Structure Work Based Learning Opportunities for student and collaborate with Work Based Learning/Vocational Staff to identify WBL partners in the community, coordinate student placement at those sites, and ensure that classroom instruction and training matches job site skill requirements.
5. Assemble new student records and assist in the coordination of student records, including all aspects of transition planning records and documentation (i.e., transition plans, IEP goals, exit documents, etc,).
6. Coordinate the administration of all transition related assessments (i.e. interest inventories, vocational assessments, industry-based certifications, etc.)
7. Facilitate transitions primarily to post-school placements for graduating students and/or transition-aged exiting students..
8. Coordinate with ACT, CIA and Educational Admin as needed to ensure the WBL program and its vocational continuum (onsite to off-site) incorporates industry standards as well as MD College and Career Readiness standards..
9. Coordinate the completion and timely submission of all transition related sections of the student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP), to include a detailed transition plan with specific goals and/or objectives.
10. Responsible for awareness of and connection to adult and community service provision options in the LEAs served by KKS.
11. Coordinate communication with education and clinical staff regarding all transition-related issues pertaining to students.
12. Participate in and contribute to in-services in a professional and collegial manner.
13. Work with ACT Manager and Director to develop mechanism for gathering and analysis of longitudinal data from students who exit KKS programs.
14. Provide indirect supervision to vocational staff.