JOB ID 3022
The Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC I) is a primary therapist to children and families traumatized by abuse, neglect, and exposure to violence. The LCPC I completes the assessments and develops the diagnosis and the treatment plan for the child and family.
1. Provides psychotherapy services to children, adolescents, young adults, and families including diagnosis and treatment through individual, group, or family treatment.
2. If indicated, collaborates with the referring agency, the school system, community agencies, and the juvenile court system to assist in the development of a service plan for the child and family and to assure that the children are receiving the appropriate services.
3. Participates in individual supervision, clinic meetings, administrative staff meetings, and in-service training.
4. Maintains client activity at the projected level set by the administrative staff.
5. Maintains a medical record for each child which includes a diagnostic interview, treatment plan, progress notes, periodic reviews, transfer and discharge summaries.
6. May participate in the field instruction program and supervise social work trainees when interest and capacity is demonstrated; may participate in community activity related to the needs of traumatized children and their families; and/or committee projects.
· Must have a Master’s degree in counseling or related field with a minimum of 60 graduate semester credit hours or 90 graduate quarter credit hours OR
· A doctoral degree with a minimum of 90 graduate semester credit hours or 135 graduate credit hours.
· Must be licensed at the LCPC level by the Maryland Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists.