JOB ID 3019
CURRENTLY OFFERING A $2,500 SIGN ON BONUS FOR FULL TIME, LICENSED CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKERS FOR THIS VACANCY
Join a team that is truly making a difference! Excellent benefits, supervision and training are provided to clinicians at this outpatient mental health clinic specializing in trauma treatment. The Center for Child and Family Traumatic Stress at Kennedy Krieger Institute has been operating for over 30 years and has received national recognition.
The Clinical Social Worker I is a primary therapist to children, their biological and/or foster families, and at-risk populations who live in out-of-home placement. The social worker utilizes the information gained by the interdisciplinary evaluation services to develop and implement a treatment plan for the child and his/her families.
1. Provides weekly individual, family or group, psychotherapy services to foster children and their families.
2. Attends interdisciplinary staffing to discuss and integrate evaluation information and to develop a comprehensive treatment plan which responds to the psychological and social needs of the client/family.
3. Collaborates with the referring agency, the local Department of Social Services, to assist them in utilizing evaluation/treatment services in the development of the agency service plan for the child and the family.
4. Collaborates with the school system to assure children are receiving appropriate educational services if indicated.
5. Responds to the juvenile court system through written or oral progress reports when such is required in the juvenile court's development of a plan for the child and family.
6. Participates in peer consultation groups and/or individual supervision for review of clinical work.
7. Attends in-service clinical training programs, treatment planning meetings, and administrative meetings.
8. Maintains client activity at the projected level set by the administrative staff.
9. Maintains medical records for each client seen including the treatment plan and diagnostic interview at the initiation of therapy, weekly progress notes, periodic reviews, and termination summary.
10. May participate in the field instruction program and supervise social work trainees when interest and capacity is demonstrated and may participate in community advocacy/ educational groups related to the needs of foster care children and their families.
• Masters Degree from an accredited School of Social Work required.
• Must be licensed in the State of Maryland, by the Board of Social Work Examiners, Maryland State Department of Health and Mental Hygiene as a Licensed Certified Social Worker - Clinical. (LCSW-C).
• Must have at least 2 years experience related to providing services to children in the child welfare population with developmental and emotional disturbance.