JOB ID 3027
THIS IS A 40 HOURS PER WEEK POSITION, MONDAY-FRIDAY, 8:00 AM-4:30 PM. THIS RN WILL WORK MONDAY, TUESDAY, THURSDAY AND FRIDAY AT THE FAIRMOUNT REHABILITATION PROGRAM AND WEDNESDAY AT THE 801 OUTPATIENT BUILDING
The Outpatient Nurse Coordinator (Fairmount Rehab Program ) provides direct patient care for each student. The Outpatient Nurse Coordinator (Fairmount Rehab Program )utilizes the nursing process in developing, implementing and evaluating a plan which will help the student achieve their maximum potential in participation with family, school and community life. The Outpatient Nurse Coordinator (Fairmount Rehab Program )participates as an essential part of the interdisciplinary team and collaborates with the appropriate disciplines and external sources in the establishment of an individualized treatment and discharge plan.
1. Maintains an individual file for each student which contains pertinent information about the student’s past history, current medical needs, immunization status, current daily assessments, and emergency information.
2. Implements the nursing process to develop an individualized plan of care for each student based on his or her particular disability and medical needs.
3. Administers medications in accordance with the Medication Administration policy.
4. Assures that a general health history including vital signs, height, weight, head circumference, allergies, current medications, immunization status and exposure to infectious diseases is completed on each patient when applicable, including medication reconciliation, and Falls Risk Assessment.
5. Utilizes principles of safety and infection control.
6. Develops and updates appropriate documentation including but not limited to Daily Flowsheet, Falls Risk Assessment, Weekly Progress Notes, Discharge Instruction Sheet, and performs concurrent documentation review of progress notes.
7. Facilitates the discharge planning process, coordinates initial follow-up visits/referrals, and communicates the plan to the patient/family and appropriate external resources.
8. Administers prescribed treatments, provides first aid as necessary, and performs venipuncture.
9. Participates in steering, weekly rounds and parent conferences for each student.
10. Transcribes physician’s orders accurately and thoroughly, and completes weekly chart checks.
11. Participates in ATM school meetings and communicates to the school nurses and/or other personnel assisting in the reentry process of the student’s medical needs.
12. Participates and plans in therapeutic field trips while maintaining safety and health concerns of students.